Randy is a young fighter with time | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
cx888
cx888 May 29
With his yellow jersey from the Tour de France left in a bag at home, Mark Cavendish will not be satisfied with his summer until he has an Olympic medal around his neck. Custom Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys .The Team GB rider currently sits third in the omnium with a day to go at the Olympic Velodrome in Rio, where he is targeting the last big prize that has eluded him during a glittering career.Cavendish claimed his first yellow jersey with victory on the opening stage of this years Tour, before going on to win another three stages before quitting the race early to focus on Rio.And after missing out on medals at the 2008 and 2012 Games, the Manxman revealed he has not had time to dwell on his success this year with the biggest prize still ahead of him.[The yellow jersey] is in a bag with my other jerseys, Cavendish said. I came in [after the Tour], put my suitcases down and had three days with the family.My suitcases sat there in the lobby, but the night before Rio [...] it was stressing me out to see a bit of untidiness. I didnt have time to do anything, so I just put it in a bag to sort it out later. Ive got a room being done at the minute, so theyre just in a bag for the time being.Im not just doing this to mill around in Rio de Janeiro. Ive been to two Olympics, Im going because I want to win.Cavendish was sixth in the omnium at Marchs Track World Championships, but showed strong enough form on Sunday to suggest gold is not out of his reach.He was sixth in the the scratch race, second in the four-kilometres individual pursuit, but closed the day frustrated with seventh in the elimination race.The early elimination of Denmarks Lasse Norman Hansen, the defending Olympic champion, represented an opportunity, but Cavendish strayed off the track.Thomas Boudat of France leads at the halfway mark with 106 points, Elia Viviani of Italy has 104 and Cavendish is third on 96.Team GB have claimed four golds and two silvers from five events entered after a phenomenal Olympic track meeting so far, and Cavendish is keen to add his name to the list of British champions in Brazil, although he remained philosophical about his chances.If I win the Olympics its not going to be the defining moment of my career, he added. Ive been pro for 10 years, but its definitely something Id like to win.Press Association Sport contributed to this report. Custom San Diego Padres Jerseys .com) - The women will also have a new champion at the Australian Open. Custom Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys . 1, meaning problems for the doping controls at both major international sports events next year. The World Anti-Doping Agency provisionally suspended the Moscow Antidoping Center on Sunday, saying its operations must improve or a six-month ban on the facilitys accreditation will be imposed. http:///...ves-jerseys-94x.html . Two pressure cooker bombs exploded near the finish line of the April 15 race in an area packed with fans cheering the passing runners. Three people were killed and more than 260 injured, including at least 16 who lost limbs. Former bantamweight world titleholder Randy Caballero signed a multiyear promotional contract to rejoin Golden Boy Promotions, the company announced Friday.Caballero (23-0, 14 KOs), 26, of Coachella, California, has been with Golden Boy since he made his professional debut in 2010 but had recently become a free agent.Im very excited to be back with a great company like Golden Boy Promotions, Caballero said. We made a great team in the past by winning a world title, and Im sure we will have a great future together. I will soon become a two-time world champion. Thank you to the Golden Boy team.In October 2014, Caballero traveled to Monte Carlo and won a unanimous decision against Englands Stuart Hall to win a vacant bantamweight world title.Caballero never defended the title. He was supposed to make his first defense against Alberto Guevara in February 2015, but Caballero had to have surgery to remove a large cyst from his ankle and the fight was canceled.Then his first defense was scheduled against interimm titlist Lee Haskins, of England, in November 2015 on the Canelo Alvarez-Miguel Cotto undercard in Las Vegas. Custom Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys. But Caballero was 5? pounds overweight and stripped of the title, and Haskins was elevated to full titleholder.After being out of the ring for 16 months, Caballero returned as a featherweight and stopped Ruben Garcia Hernandez in the seventh round on Feb. 5 and has not fought since.We have always believed in Randy Caballero as he has tremendous talent and the drive to become an elite fighter, Golden Boy CEO Oscar De La Hoya said. Randy is a young fighter with time on his side, and I know he will continue to work hard and rise up to become a world champion once again. Golden Boy supports Randy and is pleased to continue to be part of his professional career and journey in 2016 and beyond.Caballeros first fight of the new contract has not yet been scheduled. ' ' '